We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you solely to process orders and to provide a more efficient shopping service. We do not sell or trade your personal information to anyone.
Control of personal information
Any personal information gathered by Abingdon MG Parts Ltd is controlled solely by Abingdon MG Parts Ltd of 991 Wolverhampton Road, Oldbury, West Midlands, England B69 4RJ
information do we collect?
- Abingdon MG Parts Ltd collect information on you for the sold purpose of processing orders and keeping a history of your purchases. This holding of information is necessary so that should we ever have to recall product we have the names and addresses of all the customers who have purchased the product in question. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any third party and you are not placed on any internal mailing lists.
- It is our policy that we will not sell to anyone who will not give his or her full name and address. When you shop online we want you to be assured that your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card details are kept secure. The only person who can access your account details on-line is you. To ensure security you are given a unique username and you must enter your own chosen password to access your account.
- We need your phone number so that we can contact you in an emergency if there is a problem with an order. We will not normally use your phone number for any other reason. The only time it may be given to a third party is when a courier is having difficulty delivering and then we will only disclose your phone number once we have your permission.
- You can ask us to inform you of special offers or new parts which may be of interest to you. If so requested, we may do this by telephone, fax, e-mail or post. We never do this unless you specifically request it, which you can do when you place your first order, by changing your account details, or directly with a salesman via telephone, fax, e-mail or post.
- Every credit card purchase you make at Abingdon MG Parts Ltd Ltd is done through SecPay Secure Server Technology. We also ask for your name and address so that we can verify that the payment details you give us are correct. This is for your security as well as ours. No credit card details are held by us unless you choose to pay by telephoning your card, when the full card number will only reside on a server which is not connected to the Internet.
- We hold information about your past purchases on our website to enhance your shopping experience enabling you to see what you have bought in the past. The exception is orders you cancel, which are removed to conserve space after 60 days. If you do not wish this data to be shown or wish to reduce the period of time covered, please adjust in the "My account" screen.
How does Abingdon MG Parts Ltd protect
All information held is on a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Here at our premises the information is also held in secure form and is not accessible to anyone outside of Abingdon MG Parts Ltd staff. This provides many security features, including:
| ||this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.|
||this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read anywhere other than the secure server.|
| ||this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.|
Communication between the merchant's Site Server and RealCredit occurs via the Internet using the Simple Commerce Messaging Protocol (SCMP). SCMP uses DES and public key cryptography to provide privacy, message authentication, non-repudiation, and integrity. SCMP messages are digitally signed and converted to ASCII format ("armoured") for transmission over a Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) connection, enabling messages to pass through firewalls and proxy servers.
Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
What about "cookies"?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, except that placing items in your Shopping Basket and purchasing them. requires at least session cookies. For further details, including how to check if cookies are enabled click here.
Does Abingdon MG Parts Ltd
disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell or trade your personal information to anyone, and we do not expect to do so in future. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies and individuals may have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the UK's Data Protection Act.